Throughout history the path to success of a woman has not been easy or fair, but these are times of change and, without a doubt, there´s nothing more inspiring than a woman determined to get ahead in every moment.
Entrepreneurship is the perfect demonstration of what can be achieved with your own ability and today I want to share 30 FAMOUS QUOTES FOR WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS
Whether we forge our own path or follow in the footsteps of those who are ahead, these ideas from women who are innovative, explorers and visionaries can motivate us to reach new heights… in business and in life.
1. “It was a risk. I had a husband and I was pregnant with my oldest son. But I don’t look at risks the way other people do. When you’re an entrepreneur, you have to go in feeling like you’re going to be successful.”
Lillian Vernon, Founder of Lillian Vernon Corporation
2. “I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it and I sell it hard.”
Estee Lauder, Co-Founder of Estee Lauder Companies
3. “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.”
Arianna Huffington, Co-Founder of The Huffington Post
4. “On my own I will just create, and if it works, it works, and if it doesn’t, I’ll create something else. I don’t have any limitations on what I think I could do or be.”
Oprah Winfrey, Talk Show Hostess, Producer, Philanthropist
5. “Life-fulfilling work is never about the money- when you feel true passion for something you instinctively find ways to nurture it.”
Eileen Fisher, Clothing designer and founder of Eileen Fisher Inc.
6. “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.”
Anne Sweeney, Co-Chair of Disney Media Networks
7.“Knowing that things could be worse should not stop us from trying to make them better.”
Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook CEO, Author
Source: 10 Inspirational Success Quotes from Women Entrepreneurs (fearlessmotivation.com)
8. “People respond well to those that are sure of what they want.”
Anna Wintour, Editor-in-Chief for American Vogue
9. “Whatever it is that you think you want to do, and whatever it is that you think stands between you and that, stop making excuses. You can do anything.”
Katia Beauchamp, Co-founder and CEO of Birchbox.
10.”Dear optimist, pessimist, and realist: While you guys were busy arguing about the glass of wine, I drank it! Sincerely, the opportunist!”
Lori Greiner, Inventor, QVC host and ‘Shark Tank’ investor.
11. “With kids, they don’t do what you want them to do when you want them to do it. Organizations don’t necessarily, either. You’ve got to listen. You’ve got to learn how to influence.”
Ellen J. Kullman, formerly Chair and Chief Executive Officer of DuPont.
12.”As a leader, it’s a major responsibility on your shoulders to practice the behavior you want others to follow.”
Himanshu Bhatia, Founder and CEO of Rose International.
13. “Invite people into your life that don’t look or think like you.”
Mellody Hobson, President of Ariel Investments.
14. “This is what will change the world…a ground swell of people pouring their energy into manifesting their “preferred future” instead of being worn down by disillusion and disappointment.”
Molly Carlile, “The Deathtalker®” and international speaker/author.
15. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.”
Estée Lauder, Co-Founder of Estee Lauder Companies
16.”The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.”
Barbara Corcoran, Real State Magnate and ‘Shark Tank’ investor.
17. “Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.”
18. “Surround yourself with a trusted and loyal team. It makes all the difference.”
Alison Pincus, Co-founder of One Kings Lane
19. “Leadership is the ability to guide others without force into a direction or decision that leaves them still feeling empowered and accomplished.”
Lisa Cash Hanson, Snuggwugg CEO
20. “What I wanted was to be allowed to do the thing in the world that I did best–which I believed then and believe now is the greatest privilege there is. When I did that, success found me.”
Debbi Fields, the creator of Mrs. Fields.
21. “Find the smartest people you can and surround yourself with them.”
Marissa Meyer, CEO of Yahoo!
22. “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.”
Sara Blakely, Founder of Spanx
23. “If you’re starting something on your own, you better have a passion for it, because this is hard work.”
Sallie Krawcheck, Co-founder of Ellevest
24. “Always aim high, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in. And, when you stumble, keep faith. And, when you’re knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can’t or shouldn’t go on.”
Hillary Clinton, American Politician and former First Lady of United States
25. “If you can offer a free tier that provides a lot of value, it will naturally help your product to spread much more rapidly.”
Melanie Perkins, Co-founder of Canva
26. “My advice is to focus on the importance of forging a long-term relationship, whether with colleagues, partners, or customers. It is often easy to get caught up in short-term decisions.”
Sheila Lirio Marcelo, Founder of Care.com
27 “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.”
Michele Ruiz, President and CEO of Ruiz Strategies
28. “A strong woman believes that she is strong enough to face her journey; and a woman of faith believes that it is in this journey that she will become strong.”
Millie Leung, Entrepreneur, Author and International Speaker
29. “We need to get women to the point where they aren’t apologizing. It is time to take ownership in our success.”
Tory Burch, CEO and Designer of Tory Burch
30. “The key to success is to start before you are ready.”
Marie Forleo, Entrepreneur, Writer and Philanthropist
Inertia is not just another of Newton’s laws, it works the same way in the business world. We all need that little push to go out and fight our battles, although sometimes there is no worse enemy than our own mind.
Knowing these quotes is just a small incentive for you to see your life in a different way, that is, to give your all to be the person you want. Don´t forget that the most powerful and successful women also suffered from fear and failure, but thanks to their attitude they managed to go as far as they once set out to.
I don’t doubt you, so don’t you either!
Be sure to join us on Facebook for free training, exercises, community, challenges, giveaways, and more!